Allara is on a mission to improve care for the millions of women living with chronic hormonal, metabolic, and gynecological conditions such as PCOS, endometriosis, and more.
We’re looking for a registered dietitian (RD) with significant experience in Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) and common health conditions affecting women, such as endometriosis, perimenopause and menopause, thyroid disease, metabolic syndrome, and hormonal imbalances.
Our patients choose Allara because they want an ongoing relationship with an empathetic provider who understands their complex condition. This role is not one where you will simply prescribe a diet or meal plan. Our program encourages an evidence-based, yet liberalized diet, in conjunction with mindful eating techniques. Allara's nutrition team takes a weight-neutral approach and a health-first approach when addressing health and wellness concerns, while still offering support and advice to those interested in, and appropriate for, weight loss.
What You'll Do
- Analyze intake assessments including medical history, dietary habits, laboratory results, and more
- Conduct holistic diet and lifestyle counseling and education sessions via video; including offering general movement, sleep, or stress management advice as needed and related to nutrition care
- Support and follow up with patients via messaging
- Employ Allara’s provided nutrition training and educational materials to ensure consistent care while adapting to patient needs
- Incorporate motivational interviewing and behavior change techniques throughout the continuity of care
- Stay current on the latest research, including through Allara’s Living Evidence Library
- Collaborate with NPs and MDs involved in the medical management of your patients
- Complete required training, and adhere to company guidelines and policies
- Commit to a minimum of 20 hours per week conducting consults, answering patient questions, and providing nutrition and wellness guidance as necessary
- Registered Dietitian with current certification from the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR)
- Minimum of 1 year experience treating patients with complex women’s health conditions
- EXISTING state licensing (CDN/LDN) in FL - Bonus for additional licensing in NY, GA, or TX
- Training in mindful eating modalities, such as Intuitive Eating
- Flexibility to hold space for safe patient exploration of weight change, while educating patients on the potential effects of restriction…
- ...with a default approach to patient counseling using a behavior-first, weight-neutral approach
- Empowers patients with tools and knowledge to self-manage care, and not only learn what to eat, but how to eat
- Practice involving other areas of wellness, such as sleep and movement
- Continuous awareness of literature to provide up-to-date and evidence-based care
- Excellent organizational, time management, and written and verbal communication skills with an emphasis on clarity and compassion for both patients and colleagues
- Experience with electronic health records, Zoom, Slack, and Google Drive tools
- Friendly and genuine “webside manner” and interpersonal skills
- Tech-savviness in a variety of platforms including the ability to quickly learn new technology
What Allara Offers
- 100% remote, telehealth position
- 1099 contract agreement
- Flexible schedules — set the hours that work for you
- Malpractice insurance coverage
- Ongoing collaboration and comradery with other Allara providers
- A supportive and collaborative work environment committed to diversity and inclusion.
At Allara, we believe in celebrating everything that makes us human and are proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace. We embrace diversity and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better we can serve our members. We’re an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against candidates or patients based on race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.