Allara is on a mission to improve care for the millions of women living with PCOS.
We’re looking for a registered dietitian (RD) with significant experience in PCOS and common health conditions affecting women, such as endometriosis, perimenopause and menopause, thyroid disease, metabolic syndrome, and hormonal imbalances.
Our patients choose Allara because they want an ongoing relationship with an empathetic provider who understands their complex condition. This role is not one where you will simply prescribe a diet or meal plan. Our program encourages an evidence-based, yet liberalized diet, in conjunction with intuitive eating and mindfulness techniques. Allara's nutrition team takes a weight neutral approach and health-first approach when addressing health and wellness concerns.
What You'll Do
- Analyze intake assessments including medical history, dietary habits, laboratory results, and more
- Conduct holistic nutrition consultations via video
- Support and follow up with patients via messaging
- Employ Allara’s provided nutrition training and educational materials to ensure consistent care, while adapting to patient needs
- Incorporate motivational interviewing and behavior change techniques throughout continuity of care
- Stay current on latest research, including through Allara’s Living Evidence Library
- Collaborate with NPs and MDs involved in the medical management of your patients
- Complete required training, and adhere to company guidelines and policies
- Commit to a minimum of 10 hours per week conducting consults, answering patient questions, and providing nutrition and wellness guidance as necessary
- Hours are flexible and we are 100% remote
- Registered Dietitian with current certification from the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR)
- Minimum of 1 year experience treating patients with PCOS
- Training in Intuitive Eating and Health at Every Size
- Flexibility to hold space for safe patient exploration of weight change, while educating patients on the potential effects of restriction...
- ...with a default approach to patient counseling using a behavior-first, weight neutral approach
- Empowers patients with tools and knowledge to self-manage care, and not only learn what to eat, but how to eat
- Practice involving other areas of wellness, such as sleep and movement
- Continuous awareness of literature to provide up to date and evidence based care
- Excellent organizational, time management, and written and verbal communication skills with an emphasis on clarity and compassion for both patients and colleagues
- Experience with electronic health records, Zoom, Slack, and Google Drive tools
- Friendly and genuine “webside manner” and interpersonal skills